Saturday 28 August 2010



It's  the weekend & even better it's bank holiday weekend ! I love it !

Did you know that Net-a-porter do a Bridal Boutique ? For you girlies out there who haven't heard of Net-a-porter this is the site of all sites to look at designers current collections & admire from afar. I say admire from afar because the prices of these beauties are a little out of reach but it's always great to have a good look at the beautiful collections designers have available. My favourites being  Marc Jacobs, Stella Mccartney, Chloe & Mulberry to name a few. I have never in my life owned any of these creations but it doesn't mean I don't have a good look at what they have each season.

So I also go on Net-a-porter for work. As a outerwear designer I need to research all of the trends for the season & look at each collection & pick out certain pieces that might then inspire us when designing.When I accidently notices these treats I knew I would have to head back after work hours & it was a must for Dainty B.

This piece is certainly a Wow factor !

This one is a Vivienne Westwood creation & I couldn't resist adding this on to the site ! This is a statement piece !


Then we have Temperley London


Why not use Net-a-porter as inspiration & actually get your own gown made by a professional seamstress. More than likely at half the price as well! I think these 2 delicate gowns below could be re-created by a professional seamstress. Then you can add you own individual touch to the garment, by prehaps adding frill detailing or beading to help complete the look. I Like these delicate designs :



I like this next one by Lanvin because of the beautiful fabrics used & the raw edges achieved on the garment. Personally it isn't my favourite colour for a wedding dress & the styling would need a little bit of work but I love the corsage detailing with the mixes in the chiffons & the silks & it looks so pretty x



This corsage detailing it so easy to re-create. It could even be something you have a go at yourself !


Oh la la , it's got me feeling all creative again ! Well girlies enjoy your bank holiday weekend & I will see you with a few more treats in the week. x x

1 comment: